- 1 tin of organic kidney beans
- 1/3 of a cup of red lentils
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 slice of wholemeal bead (toasted and then blended into bread crumbs)
- 1 cup of coriander
- organic ketchup (I put about 2 tbsp per burger)
- 1 cup of spinach (optional)
- 4 wholemeal burger buns
- 12 mushrooms (3 sliced mushrooms per person)
- 1/4 of a large lettuce
- 2-3 sliced tomatoes
What to do:
- Boil the lentils for about 20-25 minutes until cooked. (follow packet intructions)
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, heat a non stick frying pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the onion, garlic and kidney beans. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the lentils and kidney beans are cooked, add all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Mash the mix with a spoon until fairly smooth. (There will still be lumps of kidney beans!)
- Shape the mixture into 4 rounded burger shapes.
- Heat 2 non stick frying pans on medium heat. Cook the burgers for 6 minutes per side in one pan.
- Whilst the burgers are cooking, fry the mushrooms.
- Serve in a burger bun with spinach, lettuce, tomato, mushrooms and ketchup!
You can freeze these burgers for up to one month.